Wednesday, July 23, 2008
After painting part of the background with 'Wild Berry', I squirted on some 'Periwinkle' to tone it down. When this was good and dry, I taped down a stencil and applied white acrylic paint with a sponge. Unfortunately, I forgot to tap the sponge off on a paper towel first, so it bled under in the upper corner.
Wrote Sandy's name with a purple Tombow brush marker and shadowed it with a lavender one. Used white and black pens to highlight and outline.
The large flowers were from a stencil set that I got at Dollar Tree. Used fingertip daubers to apply Colorbox ink and then heat embossed with clear powder. The smaller ones were cut-outs. A purple Prismacolor pencil created the shadowing. Even though the background appears to be blue in the photo, it's actually a lavender called "Wisteria" by Americana.
Used Navy Blue and Robin's Egg paints for this spread. I used white pigment ink to show examples of my newest rubberstamps and leftover bits of wrapping paper to demonstrate the punch shapes. Wrote with my white Sharpie Poster-Paint pen. I've noticed that it's starting to get balky, but it still does better than any other white pen I've tried.