Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Band of Brothers (Jan. 5, 2011)

This page was in memory of Major Dick Winters who died this week. His WWII exploits were made famous by the book and miniseries Band of Brothers, which is my all-time favorite TV series. I have watched it in its entirety at least 4 or 5 times.

We watched The Pacific a few months ago, and although it was made by the same people (Tom Hanks & Steven Spielberg notably) and was very good and interesting, it just didn't enthrall me like this one.

I wrote the title using a white Prismacolor pencil. It is an adaptation of the Art Nouveau alphabet. Good brands of colored pencils work great over craft acrylic paint, although you have to sharpen them quite frequently. That can get tiresome if writing lengthy passages, though I don't find it a problem for something like this.

No comments: