Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Blake Learns to Walk (Dec. 16, 2010)

To create these pages, I first masked off the edges with 1.5" wide Safe-Release Painter's tape by Scotch 3M. This is a little less sticky than their blue painter's tape, although it works well too if you are very careful when removing it. I let the tape extend over the edge by a quarter inch, since I only wanted the borders to be 1.25" wide. Then I painted the centers of each page with Anita's "Island Green." When this was completely dry, I removed the tape.
For the left-hand page, I cut strips from a colorful catalog page to cover the unpainted border, stamped the tree and colored with Prismacolor pencils and gel pens.
To complete the right page, I covered the edges of the blue rectangle with Painter's tape and painted the exposed border with Anita's "Rust Red." The gingerbread boy was cut from an ad.

No comments: