Thursday, May 21, 2009

Easter Week


I spent Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday in Huntsville. I met Judy at a shopping center in Conroe. She showed me an OshKosh outlet there that has fantastic discounts on kids' clothes. She's as excited as I am (almost) about Missy's baby. Then she treated me to a wonderful lunch at the Hunan Chinese restaurant.
When we go to their house on the lake, I was bowled over by how beautifully they have landscaped their yard. The azaleas were still in bloom, and they also had some daffodils in pots and dozens of ferns. There were yellow irises all along the edge of the lake.
She introduced me to a friend of hers named Sylvia Gintz, and as we talked, we discovered that she had lived in Nacogdoches as a little girl, just one street over from me. She was a year ahead of me in school and as far as I know, I never met her. They moved away after second grade.
On Friday, I showed Judy how to make doodle-art flowers with Tombow brush pens. She had been wanting to learn this for a long time, ever since she wasn't able to take the class I taught at Novel Approach.
I used light gray and deep lilac paints for these pages. The borders were created with strips of scrapbooking paper, while the Easter eggs were cut out of an advertisement. Wrote the title with a Pitt brush marker.

No comments: