Wednesday, May 20, 2009

July 12, 2008


I've been very remiss in posting pages to this blog. I can't believe it's been 10 months. For much of that time I was occupied with developing some PDF files that explain how I go about making my art journal pages. Lots of this I've already explained on this blog, of course, but the lessons that I sell are in a much more organized 1,2,3 type fashion. To read more about them, look here: http://creatingyourownstory.blogspot.com/
This page is less than spectacular, but it illustrates how you can create writing lines with corrugated cardboard. After the blue and green background paints were dry, I brushed red paint onto a piece of narrow-ribbed cardboard that was inside a package of Reveal light bulbs. (Unfortunately, they seem to have discontinued using it, but Starbuck's has something similar around their cups.) Anyway, you need to quickly press the painted cardboard to the page before it has time to dry.
The small picture is from a paper napkin.

No comments: